Tuesday 12 June 2012

Central Coast School of Yoga


I have practiced yoga for over 15 years and taught it when I lived in New York. It is one of the few things that really grounds me and gets me feeling balanced. Moving rural, it has been hard to find a good yoga class. I only live 40 minutes from the Mangrove Satyananda Ashram but feel that the style is too soft for me. I am not self disciplined enough to follow my Gaia yoga DVD and if I try to take myself through a practice I end up in Sivasana staring off into the paddocks. There are classes at the local community hall but the schedule does not fit my own. So after a Google search I found the Central Coast School of Yoga in Erina. If you can get past the 90s office style decor - think red brick, mismatched carpet and fluro lighting - which is difficult for an aesthete like myself, the classes are solid and have a committed following by serious yogis. They have a Hot yoga class - while it isn't Bikrim it gets a sweat going and is toasty on an early Autumn morning.
Check out their website for a class timetable. www.centralcoastyoga.com.au